The Green Mountain Falls Forum Forum Index Green Mountain Falls Discussion Forum
Enjoy this Colorado-friendly forum for residents, tourists, first-time visitors and "lovers of Green Mountain Falls". Socialize, share your memories or stories, or simply talk about Colorado. Make yourselves at home in here!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Daily Rental Cabins?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Green Mountain Falls Forum Forum Index -> All Other Colorado Topics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wild Rose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Daily Rental Cabins? Reply with quote

I was wondering, does anyone else have problems with living next to daily rental cabins? I have found over the years these people are unconcerned about fire restrictions, leash laws, noise ordnances, etc. I have seen folks from these cabins using summer resident's deck when they are not here and walk around on other's property. I have no idea how many daily rental cabins there are here in GMF but was wondering if anyone had the same problems?
Vince

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Wildrose/Joe,
That was my wife and me that were sitting on the neighbors deck. We own the cabin next to the neighbor. We weren't vacation visitors. Just like you, the neighbors know we keep an eye on their property. We weren't smoking or causing any harm on their deck. You called the Sheriff on us. During the Waldo Canyon fire, I helped you move your vehicle. You entered the neighbors property and removed some of their belongings during the fire. Contrary to publicized guidance, you also turned off their natural gas. How were we to know that the neighbors wanted you on thier property and inside their cabin?

It's not our guests that let their dogs run around loose, it was Ruby our Lab/Pointer who occasionally got loose or was off leash or when I was playing fetch with her. I apologize when she got loose. You had a right to call the Sheriff all those times Ruby was loose, but was it really necessary. Ruby always looked forward to her visits to the cabin over the past 14 years. I took Ruby on her last hike up to the falls in early April 2013. I'll do a better job of keeping Lucy, our new Lab puppy, under control. When you had a cat that ran aroung loose and deficated in our yard or when your dog doesn't stop barking, as a neighbor I chose to not let these minor nuisnaces effect my enjoyment of GMF.

This forum is not meant to be a bash your neighbors or our town guests. Joe, as the forum notes please keep this "Colorado-friendly forum for residents, tourists, first-time visitors and "lovers of Green Mountain Falls". Socialize, share your memories or stories, or simply talk about Colorado. Make yourselves at home in here!"

Vince
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Green Mountain Falls Forum Forum Index -> All Other Colorado Topics All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: